Monday, April 28, 2008

Distance Of You And Me

Alone, I am in this empty space...
At least I know I can call it my own hiding place...
Please know that it's not that I am spiraling down...
I can always find myself lost and just as easily found...

Between us there is nothing but distance...
If given the chance, I know I'd be yours in an instant...
Yours is the soul I'd die to protect...
Engaged in life with you and the issues you project...

One thing I know is that you're not here with me now...
Giving me love and sweet misery like only you know how...
Gone are those beautiful emotions I came to adore...
Even when I was down on my knees scraping my heart off the floor...

And...

I have to remind myself every time I turn on the radio that you aren't hearing the same songs I hear.

And...

I have to remind myself every time I breathe that you aren't in the air I'm feeling near.

And...

I have to remind myself every time I look up that you aren't seeing the same sky I see.

And...

I have to remind myself every time I want to touch you there is nothing but this distance between you and me.

1 comment:

LeonieJean said...

I can completely relate!