Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Analyzing The Reflection Of Self Inquisition

Another day and although I am beginning to feel like myself again, I can't seem to make eye contact with the person in the mirror. I know and understand this considerate soul and the things he's seen and experienced but as of late, there's something different.

He's no longer withdrawn from the things he perceived as hurtful and the hands that held me down. However, he's not lost focus of the fear I often feel.

At times he believes he can cry on cue. But, why would he give me that?

Again with the fucking questions.

Of course he overthinks situations and the moment is often lost.

He asks the things that only I can hear simply because he wants truthful answers.

Sometimes I can't answer the questions that he asks of me because I'm asking myself the same thing. It's a mental burden and it paralyzes me.

He wants validation that only I can give.

He gives adversity in the face of my sincerity.

He wants to speak and I want to be heard.

He wants to be asked how "I" am doing... I don't know.

...and he already should.